Technology that puts comfort in your hands!
Sometimes referred to as split systems, mini split systems, multi-split systems, or split ductless systems, ductless heating and cooling offers home and business owners a cost-effective way to replace inefficient window air conditioning units, space heaters and electric baseboard heaters. They can be installed in home additions, new construction, condominiums and apartments, or to improve temperature control in specific rooms. Ductless systems can even be fit for buildings that currently use ducted forced-air systems.
One of the biggest reasons homeowners switch to ductless heating and cooling is overall cost savings. When a home’s temperature depends upon an inefficient system, monthly bills can quickly climb out of control. Ductless heating and air conditioning systems operate on less power – they are smaller than traditional forced-air systems, and because the temperature-controlled air is delivered directly into a room, there is no loss in efficiency. Multi-split systems also allow homeowners to create “zones” in their home, which means they no longer have to cool or heat rooms that aren’t occupied.
In addition to saving money on utilities, homeowners may also be eligible for tax credits or utility rebates for the year they install a ductless air conditioning and heating system. There are many programs at the federal, state and local levelthat allow homeowners and businesses to take advantage of these additional savings.
Airflow Heating & Air has been installing and servicing mini-splits and ductless mini-splits for nearly 20 years and is an approved Mitsubishi installer. Give us a call with any questions and schedule your free on-site consultation today 434-979-4328.
How Does It Work?
Ductless splits, also called “Mini-Splits” pump cooled or heated refrigerant directly to the wall or ceiling-mounted air-handling unit, and each unit has its own wireless electronic temperature control system, or remote.
Installing a traditional, ducted system can take several weeks and disrupts daily activities in the home. Ductless systems are far less invasive to install and depending upon the number of indoor and outdoor units required, can be up and running in as little as one day. Mini-split systems run on small pipes that require a mere three-inch hole. That means homeowners don’t have to worry about rebuilding walls or ceilings around ductwork and there is no loss of precious square footage.
Here’s how the system works in a single room or small space application:
- The indoor unit uses refrigerant to cool or heat air and quietly pushes the chilled air it where you need it in your living space.
- Refrigerant and electrical lines connect the outdoor unit to the indoor unit through a 3″ opening in the exterior wall.
- The outdoor unit’s state-of-the-art heat pump cools or warms refrigerant and sends it back inside to the air handler, which continuously monitors the room for changes in temperature and sends conditioned air to the areas of the room that need it.
Selecting The Type of System You Need
Whether for a cold spot or hot spot or the entire home, our systems are versatile and perfectly suited for any cooling or heating occasion. Select the situation below that most applies to your home.
Hot Spot / Cold Spot Recommended
Wall-Mounted Heating and Cooling
The most efficient way to eliminate too hot or too cold rooms.
Why put up with rooms that are too hot or too cold? Sleek wall-mounted air conditioner and heating units are the perfect alternative to cooling or heating almost any room. They monitor room conditions and adjust their fan speed to fine-tune your comfort. A single-zone solution from Mitsubishi Electric gives you the ability to set and maintain the ideal temperature in any individual room in your home.
• Year-Round Comfort. Unlike unsightly (and unsafe) window units that only cool, our systems can cool or heat any room in your home.
• Easy to Install. With only a small opening needed to connect indoor and outdoor units, your licensed contractor can install your system quickly and with minimal disruption.
• Energy Efficient. Mitsubishi Electric INVERTER technology maintains the exact temperature you set while using the minimum energy required.
Ceiling Suspended and Recessed Ceiling Cassette.
Our systems help you enjoy your fresh new space in total comfort.
In rooms with limited wall space, a ceiling-cassette unit is a perfect solution. And, you get a wider airflow pattern for better air distribution. Once you’ve decided to tackle a major home renovation, don’t overlook the importance of the right cooling and heating system to personalize your comfort. Whether finishing your basement, updating your master suite or building out an addition, Mitsubishi Electric can make sure it’s the most comfortable area in your whole home.
• Zoned Comfort. Rather than tying into your existing HVAC system that treats every room in your house the same, our systems control each room independently. You can keep your new spaces your ideal temperature.
• Designed to Save Space. Our systems have compact equipment, which means ceilings can be higher, windows can be bigger and you don’t have to design around ductwork. You get more space to enjoy the room the way you envisioned.
• Whisper-Quiet Operation. The last thing you want in your new space is to hear the constant noise of an HVAC system that cycles on and off. Our systems quietly ramp up or down to maintain the right temperature.
New Construction Recommended
Make sure your new home is 100% comfortable, 100% of the time.
New home construction is the perfect opportunity to take advantage of the efficiency and unique design of Mitsubishi Electric Zoned Comfort Solutions®. Our horizontal-ducted units use less ductwork than traditional systems and can be hidden either above the ceiling or below the floor. Save space and energy with a low-profile ducted system that can help you manage the comfort conditions of each room independently.
• Zoned Comfort. Zoned Comfort Solutions treat every room in your house independently so each person in your home can maintain the temperature that keeps him or her comfortable.
• Energy Efficient. With innovative technology like our INVERTER compressors, our systems use the absolute minimum energy needed to keep you comfortable, and not a kilowatt more.
• Space Saver. Because you don’t need bulky ductwork, your ceilings can be higher, your windows can be larger and you get more usable space in your home.
Replacement Unit Recommended
Ducted Air Handler
Upgrade Outdated Technology to a Zoned Comfort Solution.
At some point, every cooling and heating system needs to be replaced. When it’s time, don’t just substitute another energy-wasting system. Upgrade to better, personalized comfort with a Zoned Comfort Solution® from Mitsubishi Electric. Our multi-position air handlers are specifically designed to replace an aging or failing furnace, and to significantly improve energy efficiency.
• Energy Efficient. Now you can replace your existing furnace serving large areas of space with an efficient Mitsubishi Electric system.
• Easy to Install. Designed to be easily disassembled and reassembled, it fits through tight openings and can be installed vertically or horizontally depending on your particular space.
• Environmentally Friendly. One inch R4.2, fiberglass-free insulation reduces condensation and boosts efficiency.
Give Brooke a call and start saving today.
Airflow Heating & Air has been installing and servicing mini-splits and ductless mini-splits for nearly 20 years and is a Mitsubishi approved installer. Give us a call with any questions and schedule your free on-site consultation today 434-979-4328